In line with Better Regulation we take a risk-based approach to quality assurance. Our Quality Enhancement Rating process informs our risk assessment of each awarding body and is used to consider the level and frequency of audit activity.
How do we quality assure approved awarding bodies?
We ensure that awarding bodies achieve compliance by continually monitoring performance using robust quality assurance processes including:
- conducting awarding body audits
- carrying out provider monitoring activity
- risk profiling of awarding bodies using Quality Enhancement Rating (QER)
- reviewing awarding body self-assessment reports/action plans
- reviewing and evaluating accreditation submissions
- investigating cases of malpractice and maladministration
- reviewing complaints and appeals